Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Wheels on the Bus...

Good Morning!

It's another early morning for me. I seem to be crashing at 9pm every night and waking up at the wee hours of 4-5am. It's a great way to start the day! : )

I catch a bus this morning for Mount Cook and Queenstown. It'll be a bit of a drive, but I am anxious to see some mountains and different terrain!

The Remarkables are the mountain range just on the fringe of Queenstown. They were featured in Lord of the Rings (For those of you who remember, these were the very jagged, snow-capped mountains that the fellowship had to cross in the first film.)

Queenstown is supposed to be like the Whistler of New Zealand. Any extreme sport you can imagine, can be done. I believe it's actually the birth-place of bungee jumping.

When I read through the Lonely Planet and looked at some other promotional info, some of the activities that peeked my interest were:

clay target shooting
farmstays
canyon swings
overnight horse treks
river surfing

I'll keep ya posted. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home