Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Canadians!!

Good Morning!

I slept extraordinarily well last night, after all that fresh air, sunshine, hiking, and altitude. I had crazy dreams about runaway ferrets, piles of books to read, and Gail Angel trying to organize the team (made up of mostly ferrets, cougars, and some humans ; ) to play all sorts of games.

Clearly, my mind is starting to think about getting back to Ottawa or something...

... however, I still have a few more days to play! : )

I am off today to Cambridge. A small town a few hours west of Taupo, towards Hamilton. Apparently Cambridge is quite well-known for it's horse-breeding. I may get to see some horses, but what I am going for is to meet up with Kiwi Mike and Kate (and their daughter Ngaire) from Ottawa. They are in NZ for their vacation, and to visit family and friends. I will be spending the next couple of days with them. I am pretty excited to meet up with some familiar faces!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is great! It will be nice for you to meet up with your friends and relax with them. Enjoy!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is your passport?

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Journal Entry #8 - Plllease don't eat me Lisaaa...

I boarded the Six Ewes tour bus and got ready for my new adventure. There were lots of people on the bus. I met Billy Bob from Arkansas and his sister, I mean wife. Who they just referred to as Cuz.

Billy Bob and Cuz were here to learn the advanced farming techniques of the New Zealand people. It was an exchange program, although I learned later that it was a prison exchange program.

Anyway, nothing could thwart my enthusiasm for the day. I had imagined it in my mind sveral times now. Frolicking in a field of daisies surrounded by little lambs ... it was beautiful.

Suddenly the bus doors opened and they shouted LaLa this is your Farm. I jumped down from the bus and was immediately greated by a small little lamb with huge eyes that looked almost tearful.

From out of no where came this burly farmer a grabbed the lamb by the neck.

There you are he said.

Thought you could get away huh?

Then he turned to me and said.

How you going?

Would you like a lambsicle?

Oh my God! No! I'm a Vegetarian.

What's a vegetablearian?

No. A Vegetarian.

I thought you was supposed to be a Canadian?

Do you want a lamb sandwich? Or some lamb juice?

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

I am a Canadian. I said, choking back the vomit.

Well what part of Canada are Vegtablearians from?

It's "Veg...e..tar..ian" and it means I don't eat meat.

But you eat lamb right?

Everyone eats lamb in New Zealand.

No. I don't eat lamb or any kind of meat.

Oh. I think were going have a bit of a problem then.

You're on the lamb tasting tour.

You get to pick your own lamb and cook it.

Going to hurl.

It'll be alright mam, will fix you up.

You've got perty hair. I bet I could make a sweater out of that hair.

Help me.

LaLa

10:37 AM  
Blogger hermes bag outlet said...

catier rings

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home