Tuesday, April 05, 2005

*Footnote*

I am back home!

It's so good to be on familiar ground, seeing the sights and hearing the sounds that I recognize so intimately. It feels like I am back on solid ground, after spending a few weeks scaling mountains and being out at sea.

But I am suffering from sea legs, from vertigo; I do feel a bit wobbly and unsteady; a little dizzy from what I've seen and done.

My New Zealand (Part 1) adventure is at a close, but it's really only just started so many things for me. I am excited to travel again - back to New Zealand, to Ireland, Spain, Australia, Thailand, and so on... : )

Yes, I have been bitten by the travel bug, the exploration bug, the desire to continue to be open to people, experiences, differences.

But I hope that this adventure has given me the foundation to continue to be curious and interested. To continue to be unafraid to try new things and push that comfort envelope a little each day. Even in the familiar surroundings of Ottawa, and the well-worn, *known* role that I have at work, and with my friends and family.

So, I'd like to make a toast to having adventures, and to my good friends and family who traveled with me virtually on this journey, and to the road ahead...

...to the knowledge that I have no idea where it will lead.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home!! We're glad to have you back among us. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. Can't wait to see you!

I'll share in that toast...to having adventures, to good friends and family, and to the road ahead. :)

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home