Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Queenstown Adventures

Yesterday, I climbed to the highest peak in the city of Queenstown. I stood on top of the mountain, with a couple of sheep, and drank in the sights. It was spectacular. The sun was scorching hot, and the sky was clear blue. And I could see for miles around me.

I stayed up top for a bit, soaked up some sunshine, and relaxed, then took another 2-3 hours to meander down the mountain, and walk along the lake. It was a gorgeous day.

I fell asleep quite early, I think I was knackered (Kiwi word) by the fresh air and sunshine. Blissfully happy. : )

This morning, I got up early, and went for a long run. I had a delicious breakfast (I was very hungry) and am now heading off to go horseback riding in Rohan country! (For those of you who are Lord of the Rings fans, you'll know what I mean.) The region is called Glenorchy, apparently there are many rivers that wind through the fairly flat land, and it's surrounded by the mountains. I may even have the opportunity to ride a horse that was used in the film. Me, hanging out with movie stars... who knew?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa! The horseback riding sounds like a blast! Don't forget to get a LOTR horse's autograph for me :-)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home